Friday, July 12, 2013

BIG Dreams...

I am a BIG nester.  It started when I was little, I used to redo my room like every couple months.  My mom finally got fed up and stopped buying me new bedding and stopped putting up wallpaper since it would just have to come down within a few months =) I can't help it, it's what I love! When I walk into a Pottery Barn or Williams Sonoma I feel like a little kid at Disneyland. I have been drawing houseplans since I was old enough to draw and I am always thinking I should just go back to school and become an interior designer but it's hard with 2 little ones at home and things can already be tight at times since we are a one income family.  Maybe someday...

I am also always dreaming of ways to make our house more efficient, more beautiful and just BIGGER.  Our house isn't tiny but we are just beginning to outgrow it.  This is our second home and we have had two beautiful babies here but we just need more space.  We recently found a subdivision nearby with amazing  2 acre lots and they have just started building.  So I, being the BIG dreamer that I am, have already picked the lot that I want and have already started picking out houseplans.  We don't have a huge budget to work with so the house can't be too big but we know exactly what we want.  Four bedrooms and a bonus room, a three car garage, some kind of office space, a bigger laundry room and a fireplace.  Here are some plans that I am liking:



What do you think? We would turn the flex room in the second one into the Guest room.  I love the laundry and Planning center in the second one though...They are both around 2500 sq. ft. which I think is perfect.  Now we just have to figure out how to make it happen, wish me luck!

xo Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment